Thursday, July 31, 2014

God looks at the heart

But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

Samuel was commanded to go to Jesse and annoint the one God had chosen to be king. The one he thought must be God's choice was NOT the one. And neither were Jesse's sons until the youngest -- who was a shepherd -- was brought to Samuel ... a kind of Cinderella story, I think.

Yesterday I saw someone I hadn't seen in some while. She asked how I am. I said, "OK." She looked at me. "Just OK? You usually are smiling and happy. What's wrong?"

So I know I am naturally inclined to have a happy and contented heart. The problem is less me than I thought. The kind words were the balm my spirit needed. I am encouraged. I am uplifted and set on my feet. As everything around me continues the cycles that lead us all, propel us forward, I am gaining my strength and vision again so I might achieve those goals the Lord God has for me because he knows my heart. He judges my heart.

And to my friends and followers who might not hold the same beliefs as I do, please do not be offended by this series of blogs of the heart. I am on a journey to define the heart and this is the most logical place for me to start.

(c)2014 Cathy Thomas Brownfield. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment