Friday, January 1, 2010

Future

What will be happening 10-10-10? I ask only because I just wrote 1-1-10 and thought about that Chinese thing about the meanings of dates that are the same, day, month and year: 10-10-10 But I suppose if something bad happens on 10 Oct. 2010, the gestapo will come for me. If something good happens, someone else more important than me will get the credit.

Not only is Uncle Sam putting full body scanners in airports, which is a violation of my civil rights, an invasion of my privacy!, the Blair-Holt Bill before Congress will take our guns, put us in jail and put our families at the mercy of criminals and government powers, completely taking away our freedoms. When I say "us" I am speaking generally. I do not have an arsenal in my possession.

My husband and I were talking about Blair-Holt. He expects that nothing will come of this because when the government starts taking guns from honest citizens, there will be a civil war with bloodshed. I don't want people to die! I said. Well, he said, that's what happens when you go to war. People die. But, I want to protect my children and my grandchildren! I want them to live to old age and enjoy their lives.

But I know what he says is true. When there is cause for war, war happens. When war happens, people die, there is bloodshed. And heartbreak for the lost lives that may have gone on to do great things for our people had they not become the fallen.

I'm not convinced that the global neighborhood is a good thing. At all. I'm not a feminist. I'm not a revolutionary. I'm not a rebel. I'm concerned.

(c) 2010 Cathy Thomas Brownfield
All rights reserved -- Contact author for permission to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment